Cass has a mind of his own lately, but he happened to be rather cooperative yesterday so I asked him if he wanted to take a picture with his sister and he surprised me by saying "yes"! (I'm finding it tougher these days to catch him in the picture mood). Anyway, I obviously wasn't prepared for the picture, as you can see Celena is wearing St. Patrick's Day pajamas. And it's December. There are a few reasons for this . . . 1) The color green is one of the colors of the month that Cass's preschool is focusing on so I thought I'd put Celena in it, 2) These are size 9 month pajamas that I thought Celena would wear in March, but she is growing like a weed so I figured we'd get some use out of them now, and 3) we weren't leaving the house all day. Oh, and 4) green is a Christmas color. I know, using that as a reason to dress Irish in December is a stretch. Regardless, she doesn't look all that thrilled to be having her picture taken.
Cass is quite the little helper these days. He will let the dogs in the house for us (when they don't already let themselves in . . . amazingly our dog Norm has figured out how to open the door), and he'll go and get about anything for us when we ask him to, so we can be lazy and not get out of our chairs. :) Yesterday I even asked him to brush the hair out of my eyes because I didn't have a free hand while I was holding Celena and he did it. I think soon I'll teach him how to give massages to I can get a back rub now and then. ha!
Cass is also getting closer to potty training. Yesterday he pointed to his pants and said "poopie", so I gathered Celena and we all ran upstairs where his potty was, and he had me pull his pants down, and he sat down. Unfortunately the "poopie" was already in the diaper (lesson learned - we need another potty for downstairs), but he asked for toilet paper and wiped and put the toilet paper in his potty. I gave him a miniature Hershey's candy bar as a reward, and immediately read his Potty Book to him, then called Daddy at work so he could leave him a voicemail telling him what he did. I really have no idea what I'm doing, I suppose rewarding with chocolate isn't the best idea, but he otherwise never gets candy (I know, I'm a mean mommy), so I figure it just may do the trick.


No comments:
Post a Comment