Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

Our neighborhood had a little parade for the kids on the 4th of July. Here's a picture of Cass in his "float" in front of the house. I had to take this opportunity to snap a picture of my hanging flowers which Chris DID NOT want me to get . . . he didn't think I'd be able to keep them alive, but I've had them for 2 months now, thank you very much! However, you can see the ones on the right (which get the west sun) are starting to look a little rough. Hopefully they will make it through the rest of the summer!


Here's a closer picture of the little guy in his float. :)


This is the "parade". It's led by a golf cart playing patriotic music, and just consists of kids on their scooters or bikes and a few dogs decked out in red, white and blue. Chris and I pushed Cass in his stroller - you'll see us after the guy in the navy shirt walks in front of the camera, look for Chris in a white shirt and I'm in a dark pink shirt.
Our neighborhood had planned a potluck dinner, bouncy house for the kids, and fireworks for the evening. It started raining right before the potluck was supposed to start, so we ended up staying home and eating the meatballs that I made for the potluck and watching a movie. Around 10:00 the rain let up, so we still had the fireworks show. It was down at the end of our street, so Chris and I had the perfect seat watching it from our balcony! Cass was in bed and didn't seem to hear a thing (whew!!).

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Looks like fun! AND, I am PROUD of you and your flowers. I have not been so good to mine! :( I'm blaming it on the travels....because surely I wouldn't have forgotten to water them when we're home!