Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

4 month growth spurt???

This is the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning - Celena staring at me with a big smile on her face. That is because she got to sleep with her mama last night. I don't let her do this very often, only when I get so exhausted that I can't get up with her anymore. Her sleep schedule continues to be very inconsistent. She slept through the night a few nights ago, then the following night only woke up once, but then the last couple nights she has woken up almost every hour to eat. On those nights I end up just putting her in bed with me after the first couple wakings so I can get some sleep! I'm not sure why she is doing this, but I have heard babies can go through a growth spurt at 4 months and want to eat all the time, so hopefully that is what this is and it will soon pass!

Here is a sign of what also may be causing the night wakings - maybe she is teething??? It seems early, but she is drooling a lot and chewing on her hands all the time. If I remember right, Cass did this for quite a while before a tooth appeared, so I don't expect to see any pearly whites popping through very soon.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

ADORABLE! Although I'm sorry to hear she's keeping you up....reading your stories is a good reminder of what I need to prepare myself for!

Unknown said...

What a precious family you have Celeste! I remember having one that woke me up frequently....very tiring days. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!