The kids both had routine doctor appointments this week - Cass had his 2 year appointment, and Celena had her one month appointment. Here's the rundown . . .
Cass's Stats:
Weight - 25 lbs (15th percentile)
Height - 35 1/4 in (70th percentile)
Head - 19 cm (50th percentile)
Our doctor told us that if you double a child's height at 2 years, then you can tell how tall they will be as an adult. So, it doesn't look like Cass will be as tall as his daddy - he'll probably be 5'10" or 5'11".
The doctor said that Cass's 2 year molars are coming in - I've noticed he's had his fingers in his mouth quite a bit lately, so that must be why. Hopefully that also explains some of his latest fussiness . . . I was just blaming it on the "terrible two's".
Celena's Stats:
Weight: 9 lbs 7.5 oz (55th percentile)
Height: 20 3/4 in (45th percentile)
Head: 14 1/2 cm (45th percentile)
Cass was always a long skinny baby, and she is measuring average all around. She is a really good eater, so I imagine she'll continue to pack on the pounds! The only real problem we have with her is she has reflux, so if she lays flat she spits up and gags. So, we put a carseat in the bassinet in the bed and she sleeps in that so she is elevated (elevating the mattress didn't seem to do the trick - I guess the carseat sits more upright). I'm nursing, and the doctor recommended I eliminate any dairy in my diet to see if that helps the reflux. That has been harder than I thought - obviously no milk, no cheese, no milk chocolate, no ice cream, etc. Even some crackers and baked goods contain dairy! I didn't realize how much dairy I consumed until I had to cut it out! So far it seems to be helping though, so I'll stick with it and hopefully once she is a little older I can start eating it again.
An update on sleeping . . . she has only been waking up once per night for the past week! It's wonderful!!!! At some point we will have to take her out of the carseat and try to get her to sleep on an elevated mattress so that may make the nights worse for a while, but I'm going to wait another week until the dairy is completely out of my system before we try to do that - hopefully by then her reflux is completely over and she'll do fine laying on the mattress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Zoe was the same way with the reflux. We also tried elevating one of of her bassinet, but that didn't seem to recline her enough, so she's been sleeping in her swing. I think she is finally starting to grow out of it...so hopefully will be back in a crib before long! Good luck to you!
Thx for the update. It's always good to hear how you guys are doing and a good reminder for me that no two babies are alike! Props to you for the dairy cutting - that is tough!!!
Post a Comment