Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 5, 2008

Doctor Appointments

Cass has had quite a week. He has absolutely no immune system because he is rarely exposed to anything or anyone outside of our house (he hasn't even had a cold!!). So, I expected that he would get sick after our trip to Kansas City, and I was right. He had a runny nose the first week after we returned home, then on Labor Day he came down with a 103 degree fever. He went to the doctor Tuesday, who checked his ears and throat and concluded he just had some kind of bug. On Thursday his fever broke, and he then broke out in a rash. We went back to the doctor today for his one year check-up, and the doctor said the rash is evidence that he had Roseola. Apparently it's a common virus little ones get. I know this is the first of many - I guess it's good that we're starting to strengthen his immune system.

The highlight of today's doctor's appointment was the weigh-in. We have a little beanpole, here are his measurements . . .
Height: 31 Inches = 90th percentile (daddy was happy!!)
Weight: 19 lbs 8.5 ozs = 10th percentile
I can tell he is starting to feel better. We are babysitting my mom's dog this weekend - here he is playing with the dog cage . . . I caught him crawling in it earlier!




1 comment:

Lindsay said...

OMG you are totally going to blame it my snotty nosed kids! :)