Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Cass and his buddy Bennett started swimming lessons today - it was so much fun! I didn't know what to expect - I was worried he would freak out when he got in the water, but he loved it. It was hilarious, he kept laughing and making his high-pitched screaching noise in the pool. He practiced kicking and floating, splashing, blowing bubbles in the water, playing with a ball, and even going under water!! I was nervous when the instructor told me to dunk him under the water, but he wasn't even phased. The instructor said that it's a natural instinct for babies to hold their breath under water, and it proved to be true. We'll be going to swimming lessons every Friday now, so it will be fun to see what he'll be able to do after a few months of the lessons.

2 comments:

Jillian Bennett said...

We started the girls in swimming lessons at 6 months as well. They both love it! Have so much fun!

Mandi said...

Thanks for sharing the blog website, Celeste! I'm glad we have a way to keep up with you guys. He is just adorable! I can't wait to take Mitchell swimming. Charleston might be the first chance!